- Tell your children about the importance and social significance of this festival. Tell them about the sacred bonfire and its association with the sense of togetherness and gratitude for the God.
- Ask them to help you in cleaning your home, decorating with flowers and filling pouches with Prasad.
- Go out with your children to buy new clothes and food items like rewari, gajak, popcorns and peanuts for the festival.
- Ask them to wish their friends, relatives and neighbours ‘Happy Lohri’.
- Arrange something to make their evening musical and dance with them to share your joys, around bonfire.